What can a local business do online when competing with a big, national brand? The websites of both local and national brands make their products/services available 24/7. But one thing big brands lack is community uniqueness and it can be as simple as a local phone number. Sometimes people just need to talk to a real, live human being, and this can be what sets you apart.
Admit it, the internet can be a bit impersonal. If you are a local business, adding you physical address and the phone number (with a local area code) gives evidence that you are a real person – which makes people feel more comfortable. It gives your customer a convenient way to order, but most importantly it means that a real person is give service.
- A phone number is instantaneous way to get your visitors’ feedback
- A prominent phone number on a website builds trust and confidence.
- Local SEO Factor
- A telephone number is how Local Business Listings verifies that your listing is valid (Google will actually call you!) It is an on-page trust identifier.
- It is also believed that Search Engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing often combine the local area code with local search ranking factors.
Make the most of Contact Information
A business’ address and phone number are instrumental for conducting business locally. But this contact information also provides a critical clue to search engines that a business is local in nature. Make sure to display:
- Your full address (with Zip Code) on the footer of every page, with prominence on the “Contact Us” page
- Local phone number, even when a toll-free number is available
- If appropriate, provide information on areas served
- Driving directions and a local map
List your Local Business on Search Engines. These ones are free for basic listings:
From here, you actually have to answer this phone when it starts ringing off the hook!
Of course, please feel free to Contact Bevelwise if your business needs a better web presence.